Welcome To Street Smart Women
Women are faced with never ending ‘what if’s’, when it comes to the threat of violence.
For most of us, these nagging ‘what if’s’, have become an almost unconscious part of how we run our lives.
We intuitively weigh up:
- Who we talk to,
- Where the safest place is to meet on a first date,
- What time of night we walk our dogs,
- Where we park our cars,
- Whether we can meet a new client alone,
- Or even if we should take the elevator vs the stairs in our new office building.
On top of this, far too many women worldwide wake up each morning to a question that no woman on the planet should ever have to consider:
- What if my intimate partner, boyfriend, or husband (the person I’m in love with), harms me today?
- How do I know if his abuse will lead to violence?
- And if he is already violent, how do I know if he might kill me?
Our research showed that although there are ‘Pre Incident Indicators’ that can predict the likelihood of a partner becoming violent, most women are unaware of the early warning signs.